The first assignment was to Make a List of Projects. The second assignment was to Set Up Your Outbox. The outbox is a space, that may or may not be an actual box, that acts as a "halfway house" where items are placed while you decide their ultimate fate.
- Anything can go in the Outbox
- The Outbox is allowed to get messy
- Everything must stay in the Outbox for at least one week
- After that time you have several choices:
- Take anything back out
- Leave anything you are undecided about for one more week
- Dispose of the rest by moving to the garbage, recycling bin, or giveaway pile
I designated a corner of the spare bedroom as our Outbox since the room is rarely used and since a good portion of the project list revolves around the second floor rooms.
The first item I placed in my Outbox was kind of cheating since I know it is destined for Goodwill - the old spice jars from my recent spice cupboard re-organization. Knowing me, the Outbox will mostly act as a giveaway pile.
I am definitely feeling inspired to start purging!
I ♥ comments...