Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Nursery: Part II

After picking out the crib and the theme, we moved on to finding a glider or rocking chair.

I quickly realized that I hated all of the conventional glider options and was not willing to spend the money to get a designer one. When I saw Mrs. Wigglebottom's post turning a regular IKEA armchair into a rocker for her nursery I knew it was the perfect solution for us as well.

We picked out the IKEA Ektorp JennyLind chair in grey and were able to find one in almost mint condition for a fraction of the price on kijiji.

IKEA Ektorp Jenny Lind Chair

Once we got it home, we both found the chair really comfortable as is so we actually decided to wait until the baby arrives before we spend the money on a glider or rocker base.

Originally, we intended to use my Baba's vintage sewing machine as a side table but after sitting in the room for a couple weeks we felt that it just did not suit the room. Neither did her vintage lamp that I have been trying to find a home for forever.


On a trip to IKEA for cabinets for our laundry room (which I will post on one day soon!), we spotted a Hemnes nightstand that we new was a much better fit - plus the colour was the perfect match to the crib!

IKEA Hemnes Chest with 2 Drawers

The lamp got replaced with a tall glass lamp base that I found on clearance at Target paired with a simple white linen shade.

Ever since seeing the IKEA Ribba Photo Ledges Sarah used as a bookshelf on Daffodil Designs I knew that it was the perfect solution for the short wall that the rocker would be sitting against. Then the space could grow into a reading nook perfect for bedtime stories.

via Daffodil Designs

The shelves are already filled with books!


The spot has quickly become one of the dogs favourite spots in the house… boy are they in for a surprise!

Amy

I ♥ comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...